VDK-1 LTD is operator and owner of a Slag and other industrial waste treatment plant on the territory of Sofia Municipality.
VDK-1 LTD is holder of Complex Permit No. 485-H0 of 2014 for the performance of these activities, issued by the Executive Environment Agency - the Ministry of Environment and Water - Sofia.
The company operates second installation on the territory of Pernik, with smaller capacity and differences in the technological process by Permit No. 16-ДО-181-01 of June 10th, 2013 for waste activities, issued by the Ministry of Environment and Water - Regional Inspectorate of Environment and Water (RIEW) - Pernik.
The main process in the plants is the pretreatment / size sorting, screening and separation of ferrous metals from the unprocessed slag, used waste casting cores, moulds and sand, refractory waste and scales until obtaining processed slag and scrap.
Slag and other industrial waste treatment plant includes two modules for pretreatment of slag, waste casting cores, moulds and sand, refractory waste, scales.
The raw materials to be treated in the first module are:
- Unprocessed slag - code 10 02 02
- Casting cores and moulds which have undergone pouring - code 10 09 08
- Carbon-based linings and refractories from metallurgical processes - code 16 11 02
- Mill scales - code 10 02 10
The main unit of this module is a jaw crusher, through which the material is being crushed, and subsequently subjected to screening, magnetic separation, sorting and separation into fractions.
The raw materials subjected to treatment in the second module are:
- metal fraction - size 0 - 150 mm.
The main unit of this module is a rotor crusher, through which the metal fraction is being crushed, and subsequently subjected to screening, magnetic separation, sorting and separation into fractions.
As a result of the process of treatment of the metallurgical slag in a Slag and other industrial waste treatment plant, the company offers the following products on the market:
- Iron in the form of large-scale scrap with code 19 12 02 - over 15 mm
- Granulated mill scales with code 10 02 10 - from 5 to 15 mm
- Mill scales with code 10 02 10 - less than 5 mm
- Different fractions of processed slag with code 10 02 01, depending on market requirements.